Wednesday, March 28, 2007
The wife and I attended XPN presents "the Decemberists, with special guests My Brightest Diamond" at the Tower Theater Tuesday night in West Philly. One might say this particular post is a veritable bomb of multimedia content, featuring multiple photographs, links to songs, textual highlights and a film of youtubity goodness. Full details are after the jump off point, so just jump off.
- taking the Frankford Market el is hella inexpesnive/convenient.
- the lead singer or My Brightest Diamond wore a white pants suit. She acknowledged this to all in attendance.
- lead singer Colin Meloy talks funny. He sings funnier. Things he actually says to the crowd = funniest.
- the stage (from row L) looked like this.
- when asked to sing the hook (see headline^)of Sixteen Military Wives the loudest, the LORCH won.
- sitting during a concert makes Jenny Conlee (keyboard) nervous. I believe it was O'Valencia that finally did the deed.
- i think a whale ate the band.