Tuesday, April 3, 2007

We Reeeeemember...


We celebraaaaate... We Belieeeeeve. Last week whilst shopping at Super Fresh, I came across a deal on Oncor Family frozen dinners. You might recall catching the commercials for these products, starring Al from "Happy Days" who kept inviting his fat family over to other people's houses to help them finish off the meal. One of the meals in particular, the BBQ RibQuik, caught my eye and acted as some sort of meat-like Flux Capacitor, transporting me back to the span of time between 1994 and 1998. It was during this time that I attended Salesianum all boys (don't ask) High School on Broom St. in Delaware. The two dollar and ten cent hot lunch that everyone went crazy for was... you guessed it... the rib sandwich. This is a meal that'd make you carry all your books for the entire day, for fear that any hesitation would lose you a precious spot in the front of the lunch line. And to think that today I can buy a box of six RibQuiks for 2 dollars, plus the fact that I didn't speak to a girl till my freshman year of college, makes me want to demand some money back from Sallies.

1 comment:

jmscnry said...

"waaaaaa ... I went to an all-boys high schooland didn't talk to a girl until college." Join the club!