Friday, October 19, 2007

0 Days and 2 nights...

Ever hear someone say "There's nothing like live hockey..." or "Hockey doesn't translate well on the television, you have to see it live." Or, "It burns when I pee, should I see someone about that?" Well, the first two people are right. Although I do enjoy seeing games on HD tv screens at my leisure, the experience doesn't compare to the real thing. So on Saturday Oct. 13th and Tuesday Oct. 16, I hopped on a subway and headed to the Wachovia Center in South Philadelphia to see the Philadelphia Flyers take on the Islanders and the Thrashers respectively. What did I get out of the experience? An empty wallet, a realization that beer is easily smuggled into the venue, a "Back with a Vengeance" t-shirt, a few smooches (not from Joe) and two big wins. Pictures after the JUMP... go flyers.

The view from Game 2's seats at Center Ice... a first for me. Rach at Finnigan's, formerly the Red Bell.


Awwwww....


Game 2's Three Star Selection... Atlanta actually fired their coach, Bob Hartley, after the game. Oh... and some pie.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rach is sooo Gorgeous!
david5512@aol.com